No trip without going out of the door. All the hikes, bike tours, sailing trips, and even marathons described here were done by us. Movement-intensive experiences are enriched by conversations and interviews with guides, hiking guides or locals.
Hikes and excursion tips
Georgia has a lot of untouched nature and traces of its exciting history. Hiking through Tusheti and Khevsuretia
Liwonde Park is a Malawian success story and today the park with the most predator sightings in Malawi
In August 2023, African Parks celebrates 20 years of conservation in Malawi. On the road with a monitoring team in Majete Park
It is a lake of superlatives. It is one of the largest, most diverse and most beautiful bodies of water on earth. But Lake Malawi is also threatened
Mozart is Salzburg’s genius loci. On a Mozart City Walk through the old town, you will encounter the historical, the hilarious, the controversial and the absurd.
Mountains and sea. The attraction lies in the combinability depending on interest. From the day tour with a lot of culture to trekking in the five-finger mountains
The socialist model city was placed under monument protection 40 years after construction began and is the largest area monument in Germany
If you walk attentively through the streets of Avignon, you will discover street art from different eras. From MifaMosa to the house Madonna
In Twente, a visit to a park in English landscape style and walking through cultural landscape can be condensed into a perfect day trip.
Yayoi Kusama is the most famous artist in Japan. In the Setouchi region on the island of Naoshima are her famous pumpkins with polka dots.
The run through the vineyards of the Médoc is called the longest marathon in the world. Georg Berg took part and is thrilled by the atmosphere
On Sailor’s Day, we remember that the art of navigation originated in Polynesia. These boats would have won any regatta not long ago.
Me, my Tree and I. Why the magnolia is my favorite tree. Encounters with forest dwellers, imposing solitaires and avenue beauties for Arbor Day.
The Vosges are a varied low mountain range. Nevertheless, you do not have to do without good wine, hearty cuisine and picturesque towns.
The other Holland with the regions Veluwe and Achterhoek offers old Hanseatic cities, unusual museums, very good restaurants and hotels and lots of cycling fun!
Hash runs of the Hash House Harriers originated in the British colonies, where its members wanted to neutralize binge drinking through exercise since 1938.
Luxembourg has 3,500 km of hiking trails and 600 km of bike paths. The luggage service Move – We Carry makes traveling through Luxembourg uncomplicated.
By bike, the Swiss means the road bike. Asphalt roads here go up to 2,600 meters. In addition, Swiss drivers have a reputation for being polite
The Mullerthal with the spectacular Wolf Gorge is the most famous hiking region in Luxembourg. The trail is 112 km long and consists of three loops.
Hike with views of medieval castles and idyllic villages in the Éislek region on the Leading Quality Trail from Bourscheid-Moulin to Hoscheid
The dream of low-emission travel, where spoke and rail combine seamlessly into a relaxed flow of riding and being ridden, is still far off
The Australian Aborigines’ concept of ownership is different from ours. They belong to the land and not vice versa. Their lives are shaped by it.
The Australian luxury yacht anchors in picturesque bays and offers exciting shore excursions and dives in the most biodiverse waters on earth
On the Indonesian Sunda Islands we see Komodo dragons, fly over active volcanoes, but do not feel the tsunami that hits the neighboring island of Sulawesi
In a seaplane we set off from Darwin for the ultimate trip into the outback. Helicopters, airboats and crocodiles await us on the Finniss River
On the former Buffalo Ranch, even the most prominent guests quickly perceive themselves as part of the environment; on foot, on the quad or the propeller boat
Sab Lord grew up in the far north of Australia in close contact with Aborigines. Today he shows small tour groups the remote places of worship
Seven architectural firms have designed bus stop shelters in cosmopolitan designs for Krumbach in the Bregenz Forest, thus enhancing the experience of waiting
The Mende people live deep in the jungle. I have seen the ritual dance of the forest devils. But the knowledge of their secret societies remained hidden from me
- Denmark, Funen, On the way in the Danish South Sea – hiking trail of the island seas. From Svendborg to Langeland
- Germany, Oberpfalz, Waldnaab valley
- Germany, Harz, Braunlage, Hiking along the Green Belt
- Germany, Thuringia, Gläsbläser Weg from Lauscha to Sonnenberg, visit to Marolin workshop
- France, Franche-Comté, Route de l’Absinthe, Pontarlier to Val de Travers, Absinthe Museum Moitiers
- France, Vosges, Kaysersberg
- France, Vosges, Grand Ballon
- Italy, Tuscany, Val d’Orcia, spring hiking marathon
- Italy, South Tyrol, Schenna, Schenna Waalweg
- Italy, South Tyrol, Jenesier Jöchl, Stoanernen Mandln
- Ireland, Dunloe, Gap of Dunloe, the most famous gorge in Ireland
- Luxembourg, Ardennes, Mullerthal, Moselle region, Esch-sur-Alzette Minett Trail
- Netherlands, Gelderland Province, High Veluwe and Achterhoek National Park
- Switzerland, Ticino: Scudellate, Albergo Diffuso on Monte Generoso, Valle de Muggio, Roccolo Meri bird tower
- Switzerland, Ticino: Bosco Gurin
- Switzerland, Ticino: World Heritage Beech Forest
- Switzerland, Valais, Heath village Visperterminen, hike through the highest vineyard in Europe
- Switzerland, Valais, with the racing bike through the Veloland Switzerland, tips from the bike coach
- Switzerland, Valais, Sion, suonen hike